So, we have entered the blog generation kicking and screaming and gnashing of teeth. But here we are. So what do you think? We can now let you know what is going on in our lives without having to call everyone. Though not much happens. Hopefully there will be something interesting from time to time. For now, it is my (Carla) health update.
First of all, my hip still pains me. I don't think that will ever go away. Tieing my own shoe is a thing of the past. On top of that, I now have knee problems again. My right knee has been bothering me a great deal. It appears that I have a torn meniscus, again. Next Tuesday (the 18th) I get to have surgery. At least I have a celebrity doctor. Remember Eric Heiden from the 1980 Olympics? Speedskater with tree trunks for thighs. He is my knee doctor.
Lest you are concerned that I will have to use my vacation time for a surgery again this year, no fear. I got layed off from my job the end of February. The crash in the home building market has hit my company hard. They had to do a big layoff and I got one of the short straws. It didn't help that since I helped them write a program that did most of my job that I didn't have much to do. So, the timing is good for surgery. When I get over that, I will hit the job search hard.
10 years ago
2 comments:
I'm so proud of you guys! Look at you go. First you get iPods (have you used them yet?), and now you have a blog. I'm getting teary about the whole thing. Welcome to the blogosphere. If you have any questions as you enter this new world, don't be afraid to ask.
YAY! I'm glad you finally got it going! So...does the torn meniscus remind you of anything?? "It only took ME three days you big SISSY!!"
How long is it going to take you? :)
Post a Comment